As part of our commitment to continually enhance the Vidcie experience, the latest version of Vidcie Central contains a number of feature and usability improvements.
In order to more accurately describe the capabilities of the role classification of Domain Supervisor has been renamed System Administrator.
In addition, the list of Role options for users has been enhanced for increased flexibility and control. These options now include the following:
- Previewer – Access to Live Video Stream for one assigned camera
- Guest – Access to Live Video Streams in permissioned Cam Groups
- Viewer – Access to Live Video Streams and recorded content in permissioned Cam Groups
- Group Administrator – Access to Live Video streams and recorded content in permissioned Cam Groups as well as the ability to delete recorded video content
- Vidcie Administrator – System wide access with full administrative capabilities for a timed period. This allows customers to grant Vidcie temporary troubleshooting access
- System Administrator – System wide access with full administrative capabilities
Automated camera registration has now been added and can be activated via a global Enable /Disable selector in the System tab. This feature will allow new cameras to identify themselves to your Vidcie account and to be automatically assigned to available VidcieCast channels. These newly added cameras will be assigned to a default Cam Group until reassigned by the System Administrator.
User Experience enhancements:
A Notifications selector has been added to the Users tab with email and sms as options. This feature enables Vidcie Live Video Assist users to receive automated messages alerting them when a camera begins video streaming, stops video streaming, or when the DVR storage has reached capacity.